The safety and health of conference participants is a priority of IEEE. After researching and evaluating the latest status of COVID-19, the 24th edition of the International Interconnect Technology Conference (IITC) virtually. It will be decided whether to hold IITC virtually only or hybrid format in Kyoto later through careful investigation of the status of the pandemic in April.
IITC is sponsored by the IEEE Electron Devices Society and is co-sponsored by the Japan Society of Applied Physics as the premier conference for interconnect technology devoted to leading-edge research in the field of advanced metallization and 3D integration for ULSI applications. Prior to the technical program, workshop featuring “Metallization Technologies and Applications in IoT and AI Devices” will be held.
The conference seeks papers on all aspects of BEOL/MOL/3D interconnects and metallization, including design, unit process, integration and reliability. Authors are encouraged to submit their original work describing innovative research and development in the critically important field of on-chip interconnects and heterogeneous integration.
- Paper submission site will be open in late December, 2020.
- The deadline for submission of abstracts is February 28, 2021.
Workshop featuring “Metallization technologies and applications in IoT and AI devices” will be held on July 6.
APPLICATIONS OF INTEREST
• Advanced interconnects: low-k interconnects, optical, wireless, and carbon-based interconnects, beyond Cu…
• Contacts on MOS devices: Silicide, III-V, 2D materials…
• Memory architecture: CBRAM, PCRAM, ReRAM, MRAM, DRAM, 3DNAND…
• 3D integration & packaging concerns: 2.5D/3D interconnection, advanced interconnection for FOWLP, WtW/CtW bonding, Interposer, Through Si Via, CPI…
• Novel System and Emerging Technology: Energy harvesting, brain-inspired computing, backend devices…
• Novel Form Factors: flexible electronics, wearables…
TOPICS OF INTEREST
• Process integration, advanced patterning for MOL/BEOL
• Materials and Unit Processes (Dielectrics, Metals, barriers, Wet, CMP, PVD, CVD, ALD, selective deposition/SAMs, patterning)
• Reliability and Failure analysis, Characterization, techniques and methods
• Advanced material/process characterization, design-technology co-optimization, and modelling techniques
• Regular papers, with 3-page abstracts, will be selected for either oral or poster presentation.
• A 2-page abstracts option, e.g., from students and young scientists, will undergo the same review process but will be accepted only for poster presentation.
• All submissions are rigorously reviewed.
• The conference proceedings will be submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library®.
“3D Heterogeneous Integration for Intelligent Mobile System”
Prof. Mitsumasa Koyanagi
Senior Research Fellow, New Industry Creation Hatchery Center,
“Foundry Challenges and Opportunities Near the End of Moore’s Era”
Dr. Gitae Jeong
Head of Corporate Office/Technology Development