Deadline for Submission extended to March 14, 2021
The 24th edition of IITC is sponsored by the IEEE Electron Devices Society and is co-sponsored by the Japan Society of Applied Physics as the premier conference for interconnect technology devoted to leading-edge research in the field of advanced metallization and 3D integration for ULSI applications.
IITC 2021 will be held virtually, July 6-9, 2021. A decision will be made in April whether to hold the IITC in Kyoto in a Virtual only or hybrid format.
The conference seeks papers on all aspects of BEOL/MOL/3D interconnects and metallization, including design, unit process, integration, and reliability. Authors are encouraged to submit their original work describing innovative research and development in the critically important field of on-chip interconnects and heterogeneous integration.
APPLICATIONS OF INTEREST
• Advanced interconnects: low-k interconnects, optical, wireless, and carbon-based interconnects, beyond Cu…
• Contacts on MOS devices: Silicide, III-V, 2D materials…
• Memory architecture: CBRAM, PCRAM, ReRAM, MRAM, DRAM, 3DNAND…
• 3D integration & packaging concerns: 2.5D/3D interconnection, advanced interconnection for FOWLP, WtW/CtW bonding, Interposer, Through Si Via, CPI…
• Novel System and Emerging Technology: Energy harvesting, brain-inspired computing, backend devices…
• Novel Form Factors: flexible electronics, wearables…
TOPICS OF INTEREST
• Process integration, advanced patterning for MOL/BEOL
• Materials and Unit Processes (Dielectrics, Metals, barriers, Wet, CMP, PVD, CVD, ALD, selective deposition/SAMs, patterning)
• Reliability and Failure analysis, Characterization, techniques and methods
• Advanced material/process characterization, design-technology co-optimization, and modelling techniques
• Regular papers, with 3-page abstracts, will be selected for either oral or poster presentation.
• A 2-page abstracts option, e.g., from students and young scientists, will undergo the same review process but will be accepted only for poster presentation.
• All submissions are rigorously reviewed.
• The conference proceedings will be submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library®.
WORKSHOP, KEYNOTE, & INVITED SPEAKERS
Prior to the technical program, a workshop on “Metallization Technologies and Their Applications in IoT and AI Devices” by seven leading experts will be held on July 6. The technical program will feature exciting talks by 2 keynote speakers and 13 invited speakers.
|Innovation to Open New Paradigm for ICAC5/GX/DX||Manabu Tsujimura|
|Reliability Challenges in Advanced Interconnects||Olalla.Varela Pedreira （imec）|
|Metallization Challenges in 3D NAND||Masayoshi Tagami (KIOXIA)|
|STT-MRAM Technology – Applications and Scalability Challenges||Kang Ho Lee (Samsung)|
|3D Stacking Technologies for Advanced CIS||Yoshihisa Kagawa (Sony Semiconductor Solutions)|
|Extending Silicon Technology for High-Bandwidth Optical Communications and Neuromorphic Computing||Bert Jan Offrein (IBM)|
|NanoBridge Technology for Low-power and Rad-hard AIoT Applications||Munehiro Tada|
|3D Heterogeneous Integration for Intelligent Mobile System||Prof. Mitsumasa Koyanagi|
Senior Research Fellow, New Industry Creation Hatchery Center,
|Foundry Challenges and Opportunities Near the End of Moore’s Era||Dr. Gitae Jeong|
Head of Corporate Office/Technology Development
CONFIRMED INVITED SPEAKERS
|Advanced Interconnect||Kichul Park (Samsung)|
|Koichi Motoyama (IBM)|
|Integration/Pattering||Nelson Felix (IBM)|
|Bob Socha (ASML)|
|DTCO||Gary Lauterbach (Cerebras)|
|RC Scaling||Mauro Kobrinsky (Intel)|
|MOL Contacts||Nicolas Breil (AMAT)|
|3D||Perrine Batude (CEA-Leti)|
|Memory||David Lehninger (Fraunhofer)|
|Sumio Ikegawa (Everspin)|
|Novel System||Elisa Vianello (CEA-Leti)|
|Beyond Cu||Junichi Koike (Tohoku Univ.)|